Sustainable development is the concept of such a social and economic development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. It assumes a parallel development of the economy, society and the environment.
In the case of spatial management, sustainable development is mainly implemented through:
- adaptation of the building space to the needs of the regional development,
- ensuring equal treatment of space users in the region and in the interregional system,
- preparation of the area for the modernisation of existing infrastructure,
- ensuring development in the field of economy, environmental protection and urbanization for future generations,
- protection of the climate, raw materials and the natural environment,
- protection of cultural goods,
- the use of renewable sources to save energy,
- meeting the health, social and cultural needs of residents,
- preservation of spatial order in accordance with contemporary world standards.
BPRW follows the idea of sustainable development when preparing/developing its projects.